ABC Forum Programme
Please email your completed registration form to Lucia at email@example.com and/or contact us on +44 20 8785 6300.
PRE-FORUM MASTERCLASS – 15 Nov 2018, 09:00 – 12:15.
Investigations – evolving best practice and lessons learnt from latest anti-corruption enforcement cases on both sides of the Atlantic
Michael Bowes QC, Deputy High Court Judge, (Queen’s Bench Division) & joint head of Outer Temple Chambers
Cheryl Scarboro, Partner, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP and formerly the first Chief of the SEC’s FCPA Unit
Measuring Effectiveness: How do you know your ABC program is working?
Hui Chen, Ethics & Compliance Consultant and previously Compliance Counsel Expert for US Department of Justice
Jason Linder, Partner & Head of Global Investigations and Anti-Corruption Practice, Irell & Manella’s Los Angeles & previously Senior Trial Attorney at U.S. Department of Justice
MAIN FORUM – 15 Nov 2018 & 16 Nov 2018
- G20 anti-corruption agenda under the Argentinian presidency
- European Public Prosecutor’s Office revolutionary step in fighting transnational fraud and corruption
- International Anti-Corruption Coordination Centre – current initiatives & successes
- UK Anti-Corruption Strategy 2017/22 – current priorities and strategies
- U.S. anti-bribery & corruption strategies udpate – the next wave
- Regional focus: Africa, Central & Eastern Europe, Eurasia & Latin America
Best implementation practices
- The global anti-bribery & corruption risk map – key points for the industry
- Evolving compliance leadership strategies in anti-corruption, ethics & integrity
- Impact of FinTech, digitalisation & AI on anti-bribery and corruption compliance
- Managing your higher risks home and abroad – developing an effective response
- Balancing EU GDPR & anti-corruption compliance – the new challenges and solutions
- Joint ventures & acquisitions – managing corruption risks in the context of fragility
- Third party risk management & ethical sourcing – step up in oversight
- Commercial sponsorships and charitable donations – the risks and mitigations strategies
- Reinforcing your ABC training for effective deterence & detection
- Strenghening your risk assessment – moving towards a more sophisticated approach
- Whistleblowing systems & protection rising standards & impact of the new EU-wide rules
- Tax evasion & corruption – implementing the new OECD & EU corporate tax disclosure rules
- Foreign public officials in the spotlight – recent developments & best compliance practice
- Financial & trade sanctions – the new restrictions and criminal penalites
- Terrorism, exploitation of natural resources & corruption – the role of the industry
For a full line-up of confirmed speakers, please click here.