Dedicated to Financial Crime Prevention Professionals
Owen Rowland is a Deputy Director in the Strategic Centre for Organised Crime in the Home Office, with lead national policy responsibility for Economic (fraud, bribery and corruption, money laundering, asset recovery) and Cyber Crime. He and his colleagues are working with local, regional and national public sector, private sector and civil society partners in order to:
- Improve our response to fraud, bribery and corruption;
- Enhance our performance and approach to asset recovery and money laundering;
- Produce and implement a new Criminal Finance Bill;
- Establish and deliver a programme to reform the Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) regime; and
- Develop new capabilities to tackle cyber crime.
Owen’s previous roles over 20 years within Whitehall and the European Commission were comprised of a range of crime, policing and security posts, including:
- Led Design of the National Crime Agency;
- Head of Drug Strategy;
- Secretary to the Chilcot Review of Use of Intercept Material as Evidence;
- Established and led the first Counter-Terrorism Science and Innovation Team; and
- Lead European Commission negotiator on Justice and Home Affairs with Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Bosnia & Herzegovina.
Attend our amazing annual events! They provide a unique opportunity to learn about the latest AML/CTF, anti-corruption, and other financial crime prevention developments, evolving trends, best implementation practices as well as an opportunity to benchmark and discuss challenges and solutions with peers from the UK, U.S. Europe, and further afield.
Become part of the largest international AML and financial crime prevention community. We help you build the support you need for your AML compliance and financial crime prevention efforts