HKMA has issued its Discussion Paper on Crypto-assets and Stablecoins, setting out the regulatory landscape globally and in other jurisdictions, as well as the current landscape in Hong Kong, and how it believes the Hong Kong regulatory framework should be expanded to cover payment-related stablecoins.
- The Queen’s Speech on Economic Crime
- US Treasury issues first-ever sanctions on a virtual currency mixer
- NCA recovers almost $23.5m diverted out of Nigeria in the 1990s by the associates
- EBA published its updated Guidelines for assessing equivalence of professional secrecy
- Basel Institute on Governance summarises lessons from corruption risk assessments