The aim is to prevent money laundering. This can only be achieved if supervisors, money laundering officers and the FIU continue to act in concert. And if the rules in Europe are harmonized. This became clear at this year’s symposium on AML supervision, organised by BaFin.
- The Queen’s Speech on Economic Crime
- US Treasury issues first-ever sanctions on a virtual currency mixer
- NCA recovers almost $23.5m diverted out of Nigeria in the 1990s by the associates
- EBA published its updated Guidelines for assessing equivalence of professional secrecy
- Basel Institute on Governance summarises lessons from corruption risk assessments